Thursday, 10 May 2012
Tuesday, 8 May 2012
During the construction of my ancillary tasks, the story line of the music video was always on my mind. I had to try and portray how the character is in the video and take a picture for the front cover of the digipak. The actual task was to try and create two ancillary tasks. One was a poster advertising the new album, the other was to create a digipak, also referred to as a CD cover. Originally, the picture on the front was deemed as too ‘boy-bandy’ and didn’t fit the genre of the song so we had to change the picture.
The link between the poster and the digipak are prominent, as I have included the front cover in the corner of the poster. Inside the digipak is a picture of the band. We are wearing the same clothes in both pictures to try and create a link with both products. Creating a link with the ancillary tasks will realistically make them a lot more successful and the target audience will recognise them straight away.
As you can see, when all 3 of my ancillary tasks are together, you can tell that they belong; the colour scheme is similar in all 3 and the photo's all have a similar colour in them which I am very pleased about.
After making changes to my ancillary tasks, I believe they fit the conventions of the genre. Originally my ancillary tasks represented more pop conventions because indie/rock usually consist of a prop or a created image. However, I decided to change the conventions and use someone in the band on the front cover but with him looking over the scenery to portray that he is distant from the rest of civilisation. I believe that the combination of my ancillary tasks.
Monday, 9 April 2012
Audience Feedback is vital in knowing whether your product has been successful.It is a chance to listen to what they have to say about your product and is key in learning whether changes are necessary in our Media Text.I made an open and closed questionnaire; both relating to the main things I did in the video such as the editing and filming.
Wednesday, 28 March 2012
After finishing the first draft of my Ancillary tasks, I received feedback from a few people saying the image on the front cover didn't really fit with the genre I was aiming for. Also, one of my friends couldn't carry on with the recording due to his school work which is completely understandable. So, with the constructive criticism in mind and the new person, it'd be a lot easier to take new photo's because ideas to portray the genre was fresh in my mind.
This is my changed Digipak. As you can see, the image on the front has changed and I've tried to link it with out video. The image connotes the boy looking over the landscape at the area he lives in. This denotes to the boy being isolated; he feels distant from the rest so to speak. In our video, the boy ends up mentally snapping and kills his friends so I believe this image creates that sense of isolation from the character. I have also put a white shadow around the text of the song names. This makes the song names a lot more visible and easier to read as my previous titles seemed to fade in with the branches on the tree.
Inside The Digipak
The inside of the Digipak was actually alright first time around but my friend dropped out of the project so we needed to take a new photo. I added a message at the bottom thanking everyone part of the project to make it seem a lot more realistic; completing the typical conventions.
Once again, my previous HMV poster was deemed as good but I had to change the picture and also the small image of the Digipak. Once again, I have included quotes from the band and also 'NME'. I've kept the colour scheme simple so it links with the 'HMV' logo; Black, pink and white.
Overall, I am very pleased with the changes I made. I can see that the products I have produced now were better than my last attempt and I believe that the indie/rock genre is a lot more prominent than previously.