Friday 9 December 2011

Ancillary task - Digipak

Since we are doing the music video task, we have to create a Digipak and a music poster for our band. I have started doing the Digipak so I will upload each photo step by step.

Step 1


I had decided to use this picture as the back cover for the digipak as I think it is very striking. The space on the left creates a perfect space for the credits for the songs. The name of our band is "Lyrical Criticism", 

Step 2



I really like the image I have used for the front cover. Since we are staring right into the lens of the camera, it catches the audiences eye as we are staring right out.


Step 3





I added a black border to the whole of the album as basically, it makes it look more professional than having a cut off image, I have added song titles to the top right corner of the CD to add more typical conventions of having song names on the back.


Step 4 (Finished)




This is my finished front and back cover for my ancillary task. I have added two more song names as many single's always add a few songs that they are hoping to release in the near future. I have added the rights and music company on the bottom to make it more realistic. I have also included a review from a music magazine.


Inside the Digipak


The inside of the digipak generally consists of an image of the band and some form of print on the CD. So knowing these conventions, I used them to create the inside of my digipak. 


Step 1



I like the layout of the inside, it is simple but also very effective. The simplest next step was to put some text on the CD to go along with typical conventions, here is my finished inner digipak;

Step 2


The text on the CD basically brings the whole thing together. I have put the song titles on the CD and also the credits to Sony on the CD. I have tried to get the sense of realism in it as real CD's consist of these conventions. I am really pleased with my finished ancillary tasks.


No comments:

Post a Comment